You Can Repair Smoke Damage
Fire can be extremely damaging to a house. However, there are many elements of fire, such as soot and smoke, that can be just as harmful. Your building materials and personal belongings can be overwhelmed by the smell of smoke and your walls can be stained by smoke soot. Experiencing a fire can have deep-rooted and devastating both to your home and your family.
Damages to your precious possessions can be devastating. That’s why as specialists in smoke and soot damage, we’re here to help you restore your damaged possessions. When an emergency strikes, every Paul David franchise provides 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. The sooner you contact us, the better- we’ll be able to lessen the cost of fire and smoke damage to your building.
Repair Smoke Damage
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your home. If you don’t start cleaning immediately, closed fireplace flues and smaller kitchen fires can cause discoloration and strong odors. Unless you address the problem immediately, the smell of smoke can seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop smoke from spreading, shut off your air conditioning.
- To suck out smoke, move large fans towards open doors and windows.
- When vacuuming soot and ash, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing your vacuum down on the soot could cause stains.
- Use a cloth to wipe down hard surfaces.
- Wipe away soot from ceilings and walls with a dry sponge and get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean any item in your home that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Deodorize window coverings and carpets using odor counteractants.
Our Smoke Restoration Process
Does your home have smoke damage? Let the professionals take care of it. The professionals from Paul Davis a variety of soot removal services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Can Rely on Paul Davis
If your home has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to Paul Davis. After we we’re done with our restorations services, your home back to normal sooner rather than later. Our specialists are specialized in effective smoke remediation cleaning methods and using the proper equipment. We guarantee that you’ll receive quicker cleanup and lower smoke damage restoration expenses. Our goal is to have you return to your everyday schedule as soon as possible. Call the smoke damage restoration and smoke cleanup technicians from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.