You Can Repair Smoke Damage
We all know how destructive fire can be in a home. However, many people disregard the other harmful elements of a fire. The smell of smoke can overtake building materials and personal belongings, while walls can be stained by soot. Fires can have damaging effects on both to your house and your family.
The professionals from Paul Davis understand that your cherished keepsakes and memories are at stake. That’s why as fire repair experts, we’re ready to help you restore your damaged possessions. When an emergency strikes, each of our franchises offers 24/7 emergency smoke remediation services. The sooner you contact us, the better- we’ll be able to lessen the cost of fire and smoke damages to your house.
Smoke Damage Can Be Repaired
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your home. If you don’t start cleaning immediately, closed fireplace flues and smaller kitchen flare ups can cause discoloration and significant odors. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise smoke odor can seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few tips on how to move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- Shut off your HVAC system so smoke won’t spread.
- To push out smoke, put large fans by open doors and windows.
- When vacuuming soot and ash, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing down on the soot could create stains.
- Use a rag to clean countertops and furniture.
- Wipe away soot from walls and ceilings with a dry sponge, while using a vinegary spray to get rid of stains.
- Clean any item that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Deodorize window coverings and carpets using odor counteractants.
Paul Davis’ Fire Restoration Process
Does your home have smoke damage? Let the experts take care of it. Paul Davis offers a variety of smoke repair services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Contact Paul Davis Today
If your home has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to the specialists from Paul Davis. You‘ll finally get your home back after we finish our smoke restoration services. Our experts are specialized in high-quality smoke remediation cleaning services and using the proper equipment, meaning faster cleanup and lower smoke damage repair costs. Our goal is to have you return to your normal life as soon as possible. Call the smoke cleanup and smoke damage restoration experts from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.