Water Damage Can Happen Anywhere
You’ve got a lot on your plate. Worrying about water damage probably isn’t on the forefront of your mind. Unfortunately, it isn’t uncommon for water damages to seemingly appear out of nowhere. These are often discovered when it’s too late to reverse the damage. If this happens to you, it’s imperative to call the experts immediately. Your local Paul Davis experts will come to your property to evaluate and repair any water damage in your home. But there are preemptive steps that any homeowner can take to prevent expensive water damage repairs. All homeowners need be aware of how to look for water damage in your home, no matter how subtle or obvious they may be.
What Causes Water Damage?
How can you avoid water damages? Prevention. That’s why it’s imperative to be on the lookout for the signs of water damage. You might have to examine the parts of the home that use the most water. You can never be too careful. Here are a few causes of water damage in the home:
- Frozen or leaking water pipes or lines
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs or sinks
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Overflowing washing machines or dishwashers
Stop Water Damage from Occurring
Many homeowners find water damage on their property when it’s too late. More often than not, they could’ve done something to prevent it. Don’t let this happen. To prevent water damage, do the following:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Rely on Paul Davis to Whip Your House into Shape
Has your home experienced water damages? Don’t wait. The longer you wait, the worse the damages will become. Call Paul Davis at 888-473-7769. When your local Paul Davis professionals come to your home, you can rest easy with the knowledge that your home will be taken care of. No matter how extensive the damages, Paul Davis will handle it.