Can Water Damage Be Harmful?
Water damage can be very hard to detect by the untrained eye. Thankfully for property owners, the professionals from Paul Davis have been well-trained in water damage. We can handle any level of water damage at very affordable rates. Do you have unexpected water damage on your hands? Don’t hesitate to call Paul Davis. But to find water damage before it gets worse, homeowners should be able to identify water damage. There are precautionary actions you can take to avoid water damage on your property. The best way to handle water damage is to prevent it from occurring.
How Water Damage Happens
Your home sustains water damage when a surplus of water collects in places where it shouldn’t. The professionals from Paul Davis can come to your home to analyze water damage at a moment’s notice. However, it’s important to know the signs of water damage. If you can prevent water damage from occurring, you‘ll be able to live in your home for years to come. Water damage can happen from both outside elements and from inside your home. Because water damage can be caused by so many elements, you must be careful. If you suspect that your home is experiencing water damage, look for the following:
- Leaking or frozen water pipes or lines
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs or sinks
- Sewage and septic tank lines that backed up
- Dishwashers or washing machines that overflowed
Preventing Water Damage
Many homeowners find water damage on their property when it’s too late. More often than not, it could have been prevented. Don’t let this happen to you. To prevent water damage, do the following:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Contact Paul Davis Today
A seemingly innocent leaking pipe or washing machine can easily turn into a bigger problem. You can take precautionary steps to avoid water damages. Unfortunately, it could be too late. Has this happened to you? Call Paul Davis 888-473-7769. Paul Davis has over 50 years of water damage repairs under out belt. Rely on us to help you.