Indoor Mold Detection and Inspection Services
Whether you can spot it or not, there is a good chance mold is on your property. Mold is something that occurs naturally, however the strain of mold that has spread in your house or property is the real issue. Mold spores move through the air and enter structures through openings like windows, doors and HVAC systems. They can also be brought into a building on pets, clothing and shoes. It is nearly impossible for you to stop mold entering your residence. You should take action as mold is growing in your home. Having an expert to turn to who will tell you the kind of mold present is priceless. Add to that an expert that can develop the optimal way to treat it and execute the removal process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional commercial and residential restoration services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Indoor Mold Removal and Abatement Services
With a Paul Davis inspection on your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional that is experienced in this field. Detecting and identifying mold is step one in what can be an arduous project. When it comes to treating mold safely, it is best to work with a company who specializes in all aspects of the process. We offer mold remediation and removal services as well basic mold inspections. Mold will cause damage to your home as well as major health problems for your family. Mold, unlike most allergens, can negatively affect the health of an individual regardless if they have allergies or not. Mold spreads through the environment it lives in, this means the longer it goes without treatment in your residence, the worse its effects are. Paul Davis can correctly identify the kinds of mold growing in your property and effectively manage treating it.
Properties of Mold
There are 3 basic families of mold:
- Allergenic: These produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: These molds cause health issues in people who suffer with acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: These molds produce toxic microorganisms.
With the multitude of molds that can be found in any given structure, having an expert to diagnosis and investigate the extent of their spread is key to removing it. An expert with Paul Davis will assist with making your residence safe and free from the most dangerous molds.
A few common household molds are:
- Penicillium – A mold that most commonly grows on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying textiles, carpets and fiberglass insulation. Penicillium will cause hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm weather mold that thrives both indoors and outdoors. Aspergillus can be found in areas of extreme dampness and extensive water damage, as well as organic matter that is breaking down. Aspergillus can also found in dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – Alternaria is often found in carpet, textiles, dust, window frames, showers and soil. This is a large spore mold that takes traction in soft tissue, like the nose, mouth and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – This is the most commonly identified outdoor mold that enters homes. It thrives in porous, damp areas like textile and wood. Both the indoor and outdoor kinds trigger asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – Being the least common household mold is fortunate, as it’s among the more horrible. It requires excessive damp to thrive, and causes breathing issues, symptoms reminiscent of the flu, loss of hearing and memory, and bleeding in the lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold thrives in areas of condensation like cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. It’s a powdery mold that thrives in a variety of colors like pink, white, grey or orange.
- Aureobasidium – This mold is often discovered growing behind painted wood surfaces and wallpaper. It begins light brown or pink in color but darkens to dark brown-black the longer it’s around. This is a highly responsive allergic mold, responsible for skin rashes and eye infections.
- Chaetomium – This mold is found in houses after flooding or leaking and in chronically moist conditions. It has a cotton like texture, changes colors from white to brown or grey over time and has a dank odor. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system and cause nail and skin infections.
- Cladosporium – This unique mold thrives in both warm and cold environments and migrates rapidly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It reacts strongly with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – This mold is commonly found in a home’s soft goods and thrives and migrates in cold weather. A reddish variety is found in organic products like house plants, and both kinds can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms from this mold begin as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections then progresses to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – Trichoderma is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. It’s a rapidly growing mold with a wool like texture and is mostly white and green. It thrives in consistently damp and moist areas like HVAC systems, wood and upholstery. Along with health symptoms the same as other mycotoxins, Trichoderma also destroys the surfaces it inhabits, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – This mold is mostly found in kitchens and bathrooms and is one of the black molds. It contributes to respiratory illnesses and asthma.
Talk to Paul Davis for Reliable Mold Inspection
When you may suspect or know there is mold in your residence call the professionals with Paul Davis. Our dedicated team will provide a detailed inspection and perform the remediation servicing required to remove dangerous mold from your property. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.