Do you or your children know what to do in case your community or home is affected by flood, storm, fire or other disaster? Sadly, several families do not. Many people also do not realize that when an emergency occurs, you most likely will not all be in the same place. This is why making an emergency family plan now is so important.
Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan
Paul Davis is here to make it easy for you to create a family disaster plan. The Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan is a template that can be easily customized and created to allow you to enter specific information about your family’s plan – your designated safe meeting place, each family member’s contact information and what to do in certain situations. Simply download the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan PDF file to your computer and fill out the sections in the document. Save it, print a copy for each family member and email a copy to relatives and friends.
Don’t Forget Emergency Supplies
Families should plan to have a supply of food, water and other essentials in the case of emergencies. The staff at Paul Davis recommends getting together an “Emergency Ready Kit” and leaving it in an easily accessible place. It is recommended that your kit contain at least the following items:
- Water – 1 gallon per person, per day for at least 3 days
- Food – at least a 3-day supply of non-perishable food items
- Clothing – change of clothing and a sleeping bag for each person
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio, a NOAA Weather Radio, additional batteries
- Cell Phone and charger
- Flashlight and additional batteries
- First aid kit – adhesive bandages; antibiotic ointment; pain reliever; emergency Mylar blanket; thermometer; prescription medications and supplies.
- Waterproof, portable containers – for IDs, insurance policies, bank account records, etc. Store a second set of records off-site.
Make it a point to know about the disaster plans for your employer, school, community, etc. Be aware of the closest designated emergency shelter is and make sure all of your family members know how to get there on their own. Rehearse and review your plan with your family at least twice a year.
Having a plan in place will better prepare you and your family when dealing with the aftermath of a disaster. Here at Paul Davis, we want you to take all the precautions needed to ensure the safety or our friends and neighbors. Please take a moment to download and fill out a copy of the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan. And, if your home or business is damaged by water, fire, mold, storm or any other disaster, Call Paul!
Click Here to download your Get A Plan Form