Southern New Jersey Get a Plan
Does your family know what to do in the case of a fire, storm, flood or other disaster in your home or community? Sadly, several families do not. Many people also do not realize that when an emergency takes place, you most likely will not all be together. This is why making an emergency family plan now is very important.
Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan
The staff at Paul Davis wants to help you create your family disaster plan. The Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan is a created to allow you to enter specific information about your family’s plan – your designated safe meeting place, each family member’s contact information and what to do in certain situations. Simply download the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan PDF file to your computer and fill out the sections in the document. Save it, print a copy for each member of your family and email copies to friends and relatives.
Don’t Forget Emergency Supplies
Families should also have supply of food, water and other essentials in case of emergency. Paul Davis highly recommends getting together an “Emergency Ready Kit” and storing it in an easily accessible place. We also recommend that your kit, at minimum, contain the list of items below:
- Water – 1 gallon per person, per day for a minimum of 3 days
- Food – at least a 3-day supply of non-perishable food
- Clothing – change of clothing and a sleeping bag for each person
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio, a NOAA Weather Radio, extra batteries
- Cell Phone and charger
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First aid kit – adhesive bandages; antibiotic ointment; pain reliever; emergency Mylar blanket; thermometer; prescription medications and supplies.
- Waterproof, portable containers – for IDs, insurance policies, bank account records, etc. Store a second set of records off-site.
Be sure to know about the disaster plans for your employer, school, community, etc. Be aware of your closest designated emergency shelter is and make sure all of your family members know how to get there on their own. Memorize your plan with your family at least twice a year.
Having a plan in place will help you and your family be better prepared when dealing with the aftermath of a disaster. The Paul Davis staff want you to take all the precautions needed to ensure the safety or our friends and neighbors. Please take a moment to download and fill out a copy of the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan. And, if your home or business is damaged by fire, storm, mold, water or other disaster, Call Paul!
Click Here to download your Get A Plan Form