Hainesport Get a Plan
Do you and your children know what to do in case your community or home is affected by storm, fire, flood or other disaster? Unfortunately, many families do not. Many people also do not realize that when an emergency occurs, there is a great chance you will not all be in the same place. For this reason alone, making a family plan is so very important.
Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan
The staff at Paul Davis wants to help you create your family disaster plan. The Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan is a template that can be easily customized and created to allow you to enter personal information about your family’s plan – your designated safe meeting place, each family member’s contact information and what to do in certain situations. Simply download the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan PDF file to your computer and fill out the sections in the document. Save it, print a copy for each family member and email copies to relatives and friends.
Don’t Forget Emergency Supplies
Families should plan to have a supply of water, food and other necessities in the case of emergencies. Paul Davis highly recommends getting together an “Emergency Ready Kit” and storing it in an accessible place. We also recommend that your kit, at minimum, contain the list of items below:
- Water – one gallon per person, per day for a minimum of three days
- Food – minimum three-day supply of non-perishable food items
- Clothing – change of clothing and a sleeping bag for each person
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio, a NOAA Weather Radio, additional batteries
- Cell Phone and charger
- Flashlight and additional batteries
- First aid kit – adhesive bandages; antibiotic ointment; pain reliever; emergency Mylar blanket; thermometer; prescription medications and supplies.
- Waterproof, portable containers – for IDs, insurance policies, bank account records, etc. Store a second set of records off-site.
Be sure to know about the disaster plans for your community, employer, school, etc. Be aware of the closest designated emergency shelter is and ensure that all of your family members know how to get there on their own. Review and rehearse your plan with your family at least twice a year.
Having a plan in place will help you and your family be better prepared in dealing with the aftermath of a disaster. The Paul Davis staff want you to take all the precautions necessary to ensure the safety or our neighbors and friends. Please take a moment to download and complete a copy of the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan. And, if your home or business is damaged by fire, water, storm, mold or other disaster, Call Paul!
Click Here to download your Get A Plan Form